In today’s digital age, human contact has been reduced to whatever can fit in140 characters, or showcased in uploaded pics, likes and comments. While this does make it easier to connect with people all over the world, the real personal connection, the one you can only get with face-to-face meetings, seems to be missing. When it comes to running a successful business, having a strong online presence is essential, but sometimes it can come at the expense of really experiencing your customer in-person.
How do you bridge the gap between the online space and face-to-face?
One of the best ways to get to know your customers is by having Meet and Greet Events. By holding these types of events, you and your team can really benefit from interacting with your customers on a more personal level. Use these events to do more than the old cliché of “putting a face to the name.” Instead, see the value of a Meet and Greet as a chance to let your customers get to know you, as well as a way to grow your company even more, and to show your customers just how much you appreciate their loyalty to your brand.
1. By coming together with your customers at a sponsored event, you can engage them in meaningful conversations.
- What they are really looking for?
- What kind of challenges do they face?
- How can your company help them reach their goals or meet their needs?
2. Meet and Greets allow you to network with customers in a more causal environment. Additionally, your customers may know other people who could help expand your company or benefit from your products.
- Use your event to make connections without the pressure of a traditional networking event
- Don’t try to sell yourself, instead get to know your customer by asking about them. Be engaged and listen to what they have to say
- Offer to help them with issues or concerns they may have by providing customers with referrals. People are more likely to remember your generosity and reciprocate in the future
3. Events help you sell new products and services to your customers, and provide the perfect place to create buzz in the online sphere.
- Your sponsored event is a great way to introduce or launch a new product to your customers
- You can encourage your customers to tweet or post pictures or other info about the event, which will drive the social aspect and encourage more others desire in participating in your next live event
- People love to be the first to try new products and services, and your event can serve as the perfect place to gather immediate feedback, as well as testimonials to use in the future
In-person events not only engage your customers and help them get to know you, but they can also really motivate your entire company. When your employees get a chance to truly know their customers, they are more likely to feel a deeper drive to serve them in the best possible way, which in turn, will make customers feel more connected to the people who are a part of your company.
Meet and Greets can range in scope and size, so be sure to hold brainstorm sessions before you hold your event. By putting thought into what you hope to accomplish and how you want your customers attending to feel, your event always has a better chance of success.